The new 18ct gold model of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona watch is precious, mysterious and sparkling, bringing a new and original look to this famous racing chronograph. .
Rolex launched the new Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona 18ct yellow gold model. Prestigious, mysterious and sparkling, it is a classic watch for those who are passionate about driving and speed. Launched in 2018 in 18ct eternal rose gold, the outer ring is decorated with rainbow gradient sapphire, and the 2019 new model once again brings a unique new look to this classic racing chronograph.
Replace the classic speedometer with 36 trapezoidal diamonds on the outer ring. On a black lacquered dial with pavé diamonds, a champagne chronograph, black lacquer and diamonds are intertwined. The eight diamond hour markers on the dial are set with 18ct yellow gold base, which is elegant and beautiful. 18ct gold Arabic numerals 15, 30, and 45 are set at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock, respectively.
Like all Rolex watches, the new Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona is certified by the Chronometer Observatory Precision Timepiece, ensuring that the watch can perform with superior performance when worn.
Oyster case waterproof symbol
The cosmograph Daytona Oyster case is guaranteed to be water-resistant to 100 meters (330 feet) and is a solid example of reliability. The middle case is cast in solid 18ct yellow gold. Rolex watchmakers use the brand’s exclusive tools to tighten the fine pitted bottom cover to seal the case, so only Rolex watchmakers can access the movement. The winding crown is equipped with a triple-lock triple waterproof system. Like the timing button, it is firmly screwed to the case. The crown shoulders are integrated into the middle case to protect the winding crown. The mirror is made of sapphire and is not easily scratched. The waterproof oyster case of the Cosmograph Daytona watch gives the highest precision movement protection.
4130 type permanent magnet
The new Cosmograph Daytona watch is equipped with a 4130 automatic mechanical chronograph movement developed and manufactured by Rolex. The sturdy chronograph movement revolutionizes the number of timer components, making the movement more reliable. The chronograph movement is equipped with a sturdy column wheel and a vertical chronograph clutch wheel device, which can instantly start the chronograph to ensure accurate timing.
The movement is equipped with a paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring made of a unique paramagnetic alloy cast by Rolex, which is ten times more shock-resistant than traditional hairsprings. The blue Parachrom hairspring is equipped with a Rolex end ring to ensure that the hairspring can maintain regularity in any position.
The 4130 movement is equipped with a permanent automatic winding component. The movement is wound by a permanent rotor, and its power reserve is about 72 hours.
Certificate of Excellence in Observatory Precision Timepieces
Like all Rolex watches, the Cosmograph Daytona is certified by Rolex in 2015. This unique title proves that the watch has successfully passed a series of tests by Rolex Labs and goes beyond the conventions and standards of watchmaking. The watch is tested only after it has been assembled to ensure that when it is worn, it can excel in all aspects of precision, power reserve, water resistance and automatic winding. The Rolex Super Chronometer precision timepiece, which is tested after the movement is installed in the case, has an average error of less than two seconds per day, which is more than twice as accurate as the average observatory-certified precision timepiece.
The green seal is the symbol of the superb chronometer. Every Rolex watch comes with this seal and is backed by a global five-year warranty.
Oysterflex strap and oyster safety clasp
The new cosmograph Daytona is equipped with an Oysterflex strap, which combines the sturdiness and reliability of a metal strap with the flexibility, comfort and beauty of a rubber strap. The innovative and patented strap developed by Rolex is a flexible titanium-nickel alloy sheet covered with high-performance black rubber injection molding. It is not easily affected under various environmental conditions and is durable. Oysterflex straps feature vertical cushions on the back for added comfort.
The new watch is equipped with an Oysterflex strap with Rolex design and patented 18ct yellow gold folding oyster safety buckle to prevent the buckle from accidentally opening. The strap is also equipped with an easy-to-adjust chain link developed by the brand, allowing the wearer to easily extend the strap by about 5 mm, making it more comfortable to wear.
Case model: 116588TBR
Superlative Chronometer Certification *
Global five-year warranty
• Oyster case (integrated middle case, screw-in caseback, winding crown and buttons)
• The crown shoulder is integrated with the middle case
• 40 mm
• 18ct gold
• 18ct yellow gold, polished
• 18ct yellow gold with 36 trapezoidal diamonds (about 4.58ct)
• Solid, screw-in, fine pit pattern
• Screw-in, triple-lock triple waterproof system
• Scratch-resistant blue crystal
• 100 meters (330 feet)
• Rolex 4130 movement
• Mechanical chronograph movement with column wheel and vertical clutch wheel
• Perpetual movement of the rotor is a mechanical movement with two-way automatic winding
• Within two seconds of each day (after the movement is installed in the case)
• Central hour and minute hands, small seconds dial at 6 o’clock
• Central timer to make the timer accurate to 1/8 second
• 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock
12-hour counter at 9 o’clock
• Stop-second function to accurately adjust the time
Balance with hairspring
• Frequency: 28,800 times per hour (4 Hz)
• Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring
• Rolex End Circle
• Extra large inertia fine-tuning balance wheel
• Four gold fine-tuning nuts for precise time adjustment
• Balance splint
• 44 rubies
• About 72 hours
• Black lacquered, pavé diamonds
• 18ct yellow gold with 243 diamonds and black lacquered face; champagne chronograph
• 18ct yellow gold with 8 diamonds
• 18ct gold Arabic numerals 15, 30, 45 at 3, 6, and 9 o’clock respectively
• 18ct gold hands, easy to read Chromalight (persistent blue light), except for the central seconds and chronograph hands
• High-performance rubber-coated elastic metal sheet
• 18ct gold folding oyster safety clasp
• Easy to adjust the chain link (about 5 mm)